Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Apple Etiquette

Today I would like to cover the etiquette of eating an apple in public.

Please, for the love of God, do not eat a whole apple in public. To be more clear, do not eat an unsliced apple in public. No one wants to see you chomping and slurping while trying to get in one of your nine fruits & veggies for the day. If you insist on eating fresh fruit (canned is much more suited to public consumption), be sure to do your peeling and slicing and dicing out of the public spectrum. That way, when it is time to consume your fruit, it will not be annoying.

Apples are as bad as chips. They are LOUD. YOU are LOUD when you are eating an apple. I am certain that pears fall into this category as well, but few people openly munch on whole pears in public. Looks like the Pear Institute did their marketing correctly!

Be aware of your surroundings and do not continue to torture your workmates, schoolmates, picnic-mates, mass-transit-mates……you get the drift.

Now that you know to cut your apple into slices before consumption, be sure to have the good sense that your mama gave you to NOT TALK WITH YOUR MOUTH FULL. Seriously?? Grown-ups are supposed to know better. Trust me, nothing you have to say other than “I am bleeding, I am having a baby, or I am choking” is important enough for you to talk with food in your mouth.

Practice apple etiquette and make everyone's day a nicer experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment