Monday, September 27, 2010

Are You Ready?

Football season is back!! LOVE to watch pro football. It is the only sport I follow. Not a follower of college ball. I didn’t go to a university with a popular-conference team. Although, many years after graduation, they did make it to a bowl game. However, how hard is it any more to get into a bowl game? There are a million of them. I know that there weren’t that many when I was growing up. Now, every snack item, fruit, drink, product, company has a bowl game. Who decided that 5 or 6 solid days of college ball was the way to ring in the new year?? I missed that on the voting ballot.


Back to pro ball. My team is sucking so far this year. They have so many young, talented players with SO many offensive options EVERY play!! It is very disheartening and discouraging. I agree with the D.J. on the radio who said today, “I won’t have any finger nails left after this Sunday!”. I need to plan to eat some queso dip and nap. That is about the only way to stay sane right now with a 0-2 start to the prestigious season. I tend to yell at the television, which is not even productive and makes the dogs run and hide. I think we need a new coach. Oh, as if we haven’t had plenty of those in the last 15 years. SIGH. But, I am a fan and will continue to cheer them on. I am way too connected to their wins and loses. It is like when my child was pitching. EEK!! I was more nervous than my kid! I sometimes just have to NOT watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment