Thursday, September 2, 2010

Medical Research

Don’t get all excited. I didn’t grow a scientific brain overnight and heading back to school. I am referring to medical research via the Web. This is dangerous!
I hurt my wrist last week and for five days, it continues to hurt. I think it is a sprain but have no clue what I did to it nor how to fix it. And, unfortunately, I make my living using both of my hands. Ibuprofin was not working, so I decide to skip the doctor’s visit and do a self-check up online. BIG MISTAKE. The types of sprains were so scary that I am now in denial of any pain. Pain, what pain? Aleve is fine…….oh, that little jerk whenever I bend my wrist to type, oh no, that’s nothing. Have you researched symptoms and cures online? OMG! We might as well just call Kavorkian right now. And one symptom leads to links to research others…….I think I am about ready for the walk into the woods all alone (reference to Native American tradition of just going off to die; I saw it in a couple of movies, so it must be true, right?).
Forget about anything remotely minor. These sites will scare you into guzzling cough syrup. Oh, and that will probably have horrible after-effects too! No way to win.
As for the wrist, I tried a few of the “help tips”. They are not working, but it is feeling much better on its own. I think the cause was having to carry all the breakfast cooking items from 3 miles away, on foot, all on my own, that did it. Pretty sure. I’d put money on it. Now, for the rash on my calves, per the online stuff, I have malaria or Ganges River disease.

No comments:

Post a Comment