Friday, September 24, 2010

Let’s Talk About Pets, Baby

If you got that the title of this blog is a play off of a song from back in da day, you’re cool! :`). My pets are so cuddly and cute and love it when they lay in my lap, but they are the last ones. Yep, after these two go to Doggy Heaven (which I have been assured they do via a cartoon from back da day, too!), no more pets. The newer one is way too up-chucky and I don’t like to have to worry about their care when we travel. Not that we travel much, which I would like to remedy, but still. It is a hassle and costly. I could actually GO on a decent trip for the money I spend on their care each year. Not to mention the extra costs incurred due to illness (yes, the perfect little bday present had skin cancer, bless his little heart!).

I love animals of all kinds, especially dogs. But I look forward to the day of not hearing the pitter-patter of little feet. They chew wires and toilet paper and Kleenex and carpet and rugs and dirty clothes. It is like living with big rodents. They don’t do this all of the time; it is random sneak attacks. Just out of the blue, they decide to revert to cave-dog attitudes. And they are very overweight (as is their owner); we are too lazy to take them for daily walks, let alone twice a day! They chase each other around the house and up and down the stairs; you would think that was enough. They do not like diet dog food – can’t blame them – and we do really well in not feeding them people-food.

ALTHOUGH, they do tend to find all kinds of snacks and tidbits in the teen’s purse, bookbag, bedroom, couch cushions, etc….they are like Templeton the Rat in “Charlotte’s Web”. So they are kinda on the same two-year's to go timeframe that the rest of the household is counting down. Bless the teen's heart! The elder of the pets is extremely resourceful and can eat just about anything. We think he is part goat. Ice cream sanwiches seemed to be the only thing to take him down. I discovered what he'd eaten by the tiny cows I could JUST see in the mess I was cleaning up. He likes Harry & David chocolate covered cherries, too. He likes them so much, that he stole an 8 oz bag of blueberries and hid them in the far upstairs bedroom where no one dares to tread. He hid them in the lower section of the trundle bed. Who says dogs aren't smart? He also hid a beautifully wrapped and decorated sugar cookie (it was a wedding favor that the child of 11 had been planning to eat) in the cushion area of the recliner. Quite the little deviant, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment