Is it okay to eat candy corn before 10:00 a.m.? See, I think it is. I also think it is okay to eat ice cream before noon (no, I am not eating ice cream in the morning, but hey, I give you all permission). I think that when several items are pressed upon you to complete ALL AT ONCE and your most endearing workmate is calling you ‘sister wife’ all morning (do not worry she knows who she is), you are allowed to eat candy corn at any given time. I know, I know. There are TONS more luscious candies out there beside CC, but it is FALL (refer to earlier blog) and CC fits the mood. I only had 5 pieces.
One year, I brought out a Pottery Barn vase that we’d received as a Christmas present one year (love it!) and filled it with candy corn and Indian corn (YES, that is the name of it from the manufacturer, don’t get all ‘you’re not being PC’ on me) alternately for decoration. It was really pretty on the kitchen counter and I did not eat a one. However, a good friend of ours kept dipping into them when visiting…..even though I mentioned that they were for decoration. Guess that shows how well they hold up over time! Oh, and as a kid, one of the first prizes that I won was a cake walk at the Halloween carnival. I chose the chocolate one with the pumpkins and candy corn trim!! Go Autumn Mix!! Who says “Autumn” anymore???
I browsed the Halloween candy isle to see what treats they have in store this year. Candy is EXPENSIVE! I have to buy 10 to 12 bags of candy for the trick or treators that swarm our hood. I will have to start buying early in order to not feel the financial strain all at once! Luckily, no eggs are needed in the creation on Halloween candy. Can you imagine the chaos? Again, thanks Iowa. Tons of new Wonka candies out there, btw. I didn’t realize that Charlie had reopened the factory after all these years (since the 1970’s!).
No comments:
Post a Comment