Sanity, oh sanity! Wherefore art thou, sanity?? Oh, yes, that’s right. I totally forgot. My almost-seventeen-year-old has driven you away. Gray hairs are flowing in as well. It isn’t fair! Life used to be so easy. Although, I hear that when you sanity COMPLETELY goes, you don’t even realize it. I am in the novacane has not kicked in yet stage, I suppose. Where is the Calgon? Take me away! Trying to juggle work, home, child-rearing, dog-rearing, pay bills, shop, cooking & cleaning up, laundry, remember birthdays and send cards & presents as needed is OVERWHELMING. I used to enjoy life. Now it is just a CHORE. Is there any way to get the joy back?
Now it is fall and time to decorate the house for the wonderful changing of the season. Oh, right, this is TX. The leaves might not even change! Sometimes it is cold on Halloween and sometimes it is burning up. That is why I have a Halloween sweater and a Halloween t-shirt. Never know which one to wear! I don’t even want to THINK about November and December. We have so many birthdays in those two months, it is as bad as not shuffling the cards well after the first round of the card game, War, and all of the aces and kings are all bunched up together. I am all for just sending money or gift cards. Not because I don’t like to shop (heaven forbid you should think that of me!) but because it is hard to ship everything or get the right item. The girls are easy to buy for; the boys are the difficult ones. All of the boy toys (no, this is not another Madonna reference) are very expensive. One game is the cost of two presents! I am not a Hilton or a Rockefeller. Would be nice, wouldn’t it??
Reminds me, I didn’t know that the Hiltons had sold their hotels. Guess the parents were worried about their offspring and the name-brand value possible decline. Get while the gettin’s good!! HA!
Sorry, tangent. Back to Christmas. The list of what to buy for whom continues to grow and yet I am not sure how. My child only wants expensive stuff so that limits what I will buy for said child. At this time, my ROI in said child is slim pickings so why would I stuff a bunch of bling in a stocking? Coal is looking mighty good right about now! Through all of this pain are the many social events of the season that only remind me that I am huge and completely out of size proportion with the real world. And have to wear heels!! Do NOT get me started on that topic. By the time an event is over, I can’t feel my toes.
I am working out but there won’t be any difference if I don’t stop going through the drive-thru’s (see previous blog entry that has been totally ignored by the author) and eating chocolate and drinking cokes at work. On the weekends, I don’t inhale food, just while at work. Another good argument for working remotely……
Again, has anyone seen the Calgon??
Ahh...sanity....you know...Valium will help with the anxiety. Having cocktails throughout the day for past mothers has now morphed into prescription drugs of today.
ReplyDeleteHang in there...at this rate you won't have to worry about shopping....since Santa isn't too happy with any of them!