Thursday, August 26, 2010

Again with the Shopping!

Okay, obviously, the people who need to read my blog ARE NOT. Again with the shopping! Today’s experience was so comedic. It could be its own half-hour show. Three co-workers, shopping for foodstuffs, at a mega store, for a team event. Need I say more? The threat of “I will put you in this cart; I should have brought the monkey backpack with the child leash on it; get this bread because it is 20 cents a loaf cheaper [that was me, dear reader!]; do they sell bowls here?” as well as the great milk and juice debate was priceless. I am so totally bummed that I did not have my phone’s camcorder going. It would go viral in a heartbeat!!

Really, why would you buy nuts to grind them to a powder? IF that was a need in this world, don’t you think they would sell nut powder (and not the kind that guys use after a workout)? Real maple syrup? At triple the cost of high-fructose corn syrup? For THESE ingrates? PU-LEASE. And what adult household in America doesn't have a handmixer in it?

Oh, don't worry. I hid my badge. I didn't want anyone to know what company we all worked for; I needed a fake Dunder-Mifflin ID or something.

There were too many bags for one person to carry in the end, but one person doing the shopping would have been much faster. Now, tomorrow, the BIG DAY. Can we mix and chop and whip and griddle in a small non-house kitchen? Will the fuses hold? Where's the Swiffer?? And thank God one of us bought eggs prior to the GREAT EGG FAMINE OF 2010. Thanks, Iowa, for screwing up one of the most basic food items on the planet by not keeping your crap clean. Last week, we couldn't get our favorite desserts at a restaurant due to the egg scarcity [we were in the same parking lot as a Super Target, so why didn't the sous chefs just run over there for some eggs]. Now my dang neighbors are going to run out and buy chickens for their backyards to add to their freakin' gardens that grow over the shared fence line. And my dog eats the crap and pukes all over the place! Sorry.........I digress.


Note: Why does my husband not use the headphones that I bought him?? I don't want to hear his YouTube perusals from the Mac or his laptop. I'm trying to BLOG here.......

No comments:

Post a Comment