Silly me; I thought with all my free time that I would have time to blog! Well, blogging means starting the computer, logging into the site (why is the full email account needed??) and trying to focus. Recap of the weekend:
Day 2, Fri: worked, got home, played with the critters and ate leftovers. Tried to watch an old movie but fell asleep out of boredom. It was neat to see so many of the 'old stars', like Elizabeth Taylor, Rock Hudson and Tony Curtis. Online movie queue has many "classics" in it, but I don't have the patience for the older movies right now. I will have to clean up that queue! I am on the final season of Sex and The City (NO.....I don't have HBO.....YES.....I am way behind the times!), but have seen both of the movies. The first movie made me want to watch the show. Go figure. After my 1.5 hour "nap" from falling asleep during the movie [I wound up fast-forwarding to the end], I read for a bit then watched some recorded reality T.V. until midnight. Gotta make the most of all my minutes!
Day 3, Sat: cleaned, ran errands, had some waxing done (this last-minute appointment messed up my timing to go see tourney games) where the lady was wonderful and tried to talk me into a bikini wax. NO thank YOU. I am too scared. I did, however, schedule a facial with her. Went to a movie with my great friend, T. Went to see a dear, wonderful friend in the hospital and spent hours with her. God Bless her!! Going through a rough treatment regiment. She needed someone to watch her pups for a couple of days, so I volunteered and drove out to my old home town to get her babies. I spent the evening introducing the pups to my critters. The critters all loved one another and were up "puppy partying" until 12:30 a.m. They then proceeded to get me up at 5:00 a.m. to GO OUTSIDE. You wouldn't believe how gorgeous the stars are at 5 in the morning.....not a sight I usually see unless I am rushing to the airport to get to Vegas!
Day 4, Sun: very tired from the Puppy Party. Basically, the dog park has come to my house. These dogs are flyng around the house like they have wings and sail into my lap!! Sometimes it is like the circus and sometimes it is like WWF matches! Seriously, they are all getting along amazingly well, so I am having fun watching them (and I nap when they nap). I feel like a mom of triplets :`). I ventured upstairs to Teen Land (the place where the teen chain originated) to find a tornado had hit. Debris was everywhere! I needed a shovel and a wheelbarrow to clean it up. I am glad our town has huge recycling bins.......someone has a shopping problem. All the bags and boxes and price tags.......eek!!! Maybe I don't want her to have a job afterall. All she does is blow it on STUFF. Running out of room for STUFF. I can also see signs that the four-legged critters have visited. Several chewed up items found amongst the teen-debris. Washed her linens (I don't know why........she is supposed to do that.....but I think they were beginning to come to life like zombies and I couldn't risk being attacked). Paid bills, cleaned the fridge, finished teen laundry and watched television. Oh! I watched "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" from 1992. Okay, seriously, Luke Perry would have been THE PERFECT Edward in "Twilight" if it had been made in the 90's. He is so much cuter than Robert P, and I am pretty sure Luke P showers, which makes him an even better catch.
*Ending the evening with "Mad Men". That Don Draper is one fine hunka man!
Day 5 will consist of work and delivering the power-pups back to their house in the evening. I just know that my critters will be sad to see them go, but their house needs some rabid barking too!
**Added a link to Jen Lancaster's Blog site "Jennsylvania". You need to read it!**
No comments:
Post a Comment