Okay, I’m not a huge gadget-collector. I am confessing, though, that I bought a Shake Weight (and a Thigh-Master back in the day, which I still own and use). Go ahead…..LAUGH. “Laugh it up, fuzzball.” And if you recognize that quote, you are a keeper!
Holy S Balls!! The Shake Weight just about broke my arms. It is a 6-minute workout routine and I could not make it through the whole thing. I died on the shoulders routine. I was just fine until that part. My arms are now like jell-o (no Cosby reference here) and I probably won’t be able to dress myself in the morning. I still don’t think this will qualify me for WFH [office jargon for work from home] but it SHOULD. Remind me to get to that topic one of these days…..
So back to Earthquake Weight, since it cracked me. I was only on rep 4 on the right side and I started to sweat bullets. Not the good kind of sweat, either. It was the “OMG, I am about to puke, where’s the toilet?” sweat. I half-assed made it through rep 8, then Lindsay said “SWITCH SIDES” with this huge smile and perfect upper body. I did as commanded and the left arm completely failed me. I think it fell off and the little dog ran off with it, but I blacked out and can’t substantiate that. I think the exercise fairy attached it for me. And then stupid Lindsay said “You’re almost there!!” WHERE?? HELL??
Who would have ever thought a two pound maracas-sounding PVC pipe device would be so devious!! They need a warning sign: Do not use if you are totally Jabba the Hut out of shape!
I am only able to type via voice recognition software. Don’t tell IT that I installed it.
P.S. For those of you who made comments about "was the hubby drooling", no. I didn't tell him that I bought it. And, no, my flappying flabby arms are not for his viewing pleasure. Nor is Lindsay! :`)
No comments:
Post a Comment