If you have not read any of the books by Jen Lancaster, you must! She is the queen of to-the-point via point-blank writing of memoirs. She loves Candance Bushnell, but no way. I've read Bushnell. Lancaster is better. WAY better. I didn't even like Sex And The City until I saw the movie. I have since gone back to watch all of the six seasons except the last two episodes which were on the online DVD that was DAMAGED. I read the Sex And The City book and hated it. It was depressing. It was like reading "Less Than Zero". If you want to be depressed, just read THAT book......
So you need to start with "Bitter is the New Black" because that is her first book. Her adjectives and newly created nouns (f-tard is just one example) rival those of W!! All of the books are fantastic. IF you are offended by f-bombs, then you probably won't want to read the books. But if you don't mind or can just ignore them........OMG.........you're in for a great ride!
I saw her in person in Dallas. She did a reading and autograph session. We bounded over how our dogs smell like corn chips. She says corn chips; I say Fritos. But I am not licensed to say Fritos.
I again want to compliment Jen on her works and her site. Just in case she ever reads my blog. Since I know she can't respond to the emails.......JEN, you are better than CANDICE! Smiles and cheers! Culture Up!
No comments:
Post a Comment