Sunday, August 1, 2010

The Bachelorette

Just shy of 19 years of marriage and a mom of a 16-yr-old, I am a bachelorette for one whole week!! I am still in charge of the two four-legged critters but we all know that they are easy to maintain compared to the two-legged critters. Since the car heading north took off this morning at 6:00 a.m., I had all day to plan out my week of freedom. No cooking, very little cleaning and laundry and I can watch whatever I want on the “good” T.V.!!

I have to say that the automobile situation is a bit of a sacrifice. I am used to a much taller, bigger auto. It has been a while since I drove a “teen mobile”. Needless to say, I had to make some adjustments: seat, mirror, dashboard clearing, radio station resetting and taming the key chain.

Let me describe the teen-chain. It is over a foot long, hangs from the ignition where it hits your knee as you drive, and consists of a minimum of ten key chains and a few keys. Each key chain hooks onto another, or several on one, whichever you prefer. Bling is of the upmost importance. The more bling, the better. And it weighs around 5 lbs. The amount of metal and jingling will cause one to be stopped at security when entering a professional environment, and I would expect as well through the metal detectors installed at the local high school (I will have to address this with Unnamed Teen). This is the price of having to sacrifice my car for the greater good. Unnamed Teen informed me via text [the preferred communication channel] that I was to be VERY careful with the teen-chain because of the priceless bling and the order of the key chains was established in a particular manner. Something about the order of the dangles and the continued equilibrium of the universe. I don’t know; I just live here. I was able to extract the car key and the key fob from the massive chain of gum-ball machine goodies so that I won’t have to be stopped by security again. Plus, I have a bad knee and the banging of the chain against it aggravates it. The treadmill\elliptical adventures from the summer are to blame for the knee....but that is another blog.

Night blog: I worked all day, went to the grocery store after work for the week's sustenance and watched television ALL night! Read until 11:00 p.m.; have to get up as normal for working on Friday. Even though the spouse swears that I will be playing hookey, that is not the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment