Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Bachelorette Continued

Day 5, Mon: Delivered the critter-company back to their home. The two of them reminded me of Fraggles. Do you remember “Fraggle Rock”?? (Bet that earworm will play in your head all night now!) They were so fluffy and jumpy and those tails were just like the Fraggle tails. I did make a wrong turn on my way. This may sound benign but it isn’t. This is my old stompin’ ground! I should be able to drive blind-folded.....well, maybe not, but you know what I mean. All this progress is throwing my internal GPS into a tizzy. The “wrong exit” cost me 20 mins. And since I am still sailing along in the teen mobile, 20 mins is a big deal! My knee is now officially killing me and Aleve is my new best friend. I might have to have knee surgery after this week, so this “freedom week” might be more expensive than originally planned.

I wolfed down a cheeseburger and fries from Braum’s and it was WONDERFUL on the drive home because it was 8:00 p.m. and I was starving. Watched T.V. and read until really late and threw the furniture covers a.k.a. sheets into the washing machine. I also have many bruises from the monkey-pups who sailed through the air right into my unsuspecting and unprepared lap.


P.S. My critters are missing the other critters. It is quite sad. The little one lies by the back door, thinking that the Fraggles are outside. I don’t care; I am not getting him a puppy to play with!

Day 6: FACIAL DAY!! I am working all day (got in early in order to fulfill my duty of 8 hours of work – that’s its own blog topic!) and going straight to the spa after work!! I am getting a 45 minute facial and CANNOT WAIT. I just want to relax and not have to think for awhile.

I do have some house stuff to accomplish this evening but I want to catch up on my reading since I haven’t tackled the next big book I want to get to: “The Girl Who Played with Fire”. I used to be part of a book club and loved meeting once a month to discuss books. I should look into joining another book club, but the words of my hubby ring in my head: "Oh that's exactly what you need. Another NON-active hobby." I HEART READING!

I only have 2 more evenings to myself. No telling when I will get this much time off again! :`).

No comments:

Post a Comment